By Stefanie Dumont
We all experience change and it can be a blessing or a curse depending on how we look at it. Change is a constant but sometimes the resistance to change can leave us feeling overwhelmed and anxious. The good news is, there are practices we can adopt to have a positive outlook about the future and trust in the unknown.
Here are a few tips for embracing change.
- Focus on the outcome you want by beginning with the end in mind.
- Listen to your intuition. Often when something is the right or wrong path, you can feel it in your gut.
- Enlist support. Share the shift you want to make with your friends and family, they can lend you support or advice during a time of change.
- Study role models. If they can do it, you can too. See how someone else made a similar change and adopt their strategy.
- Allow it to happen. Sometimes we fight or hold onto something that is not in our best interest. Don’t be afraid to let go and know something better will come into your life.
To find out more about embracing change and maintaining a positive outlook from Project Happiness, read the full article.